Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Handicapped

There is nothing that steams me up more when I am in a hurry in a crowded parking lot then to have to see three pristine handicapped parking spaces with no one using them. And then, after finally finding a spot somewhere down the street to see people with handicapped stickers parked right up front in a non-handicapped space.

This is entirely unfair, and I for one am not going to take it anymore.

The ratio of handicapped accessible things to the number of actual handicapped people is absolutely abominable. Do my tax dollars really need to pay for you to make it up that ramp to pick up your prescriptions from Walgreen's? I don't think so. Why don't you send that nurse of yours or something? I'm sure she'd be happy to get away from your handicapped ass for a few minutes because it probably makes her feel all guilty that she can walk and everything. I know being around handicapped people makes me feel that way and that is why I avoid it.

Also, if people are really unable to walk from a parking lot to a store, should they really be driving? I call bullshit on this baloney handicapped business. They get ramps and elevators and those chairs that go up the stairs. And let's not forget those awesome grocery carts. Enough is enough. Soon they'll actually be wanting me to move out of their way so they can get down the hospital corrider.

If handicapped people park in MY non-handicapped space, they should get a ticket.

How's that for fair treatment?

7 comments:

Kurt said...

Heh. This is a bold stance. Not many people find themselves on the anti-handicapped people side of the argument. Bully for you.

Mandy_Fish said...

I don't even want to know how you feel about those "Moms to Be" parking spaces...

Anna Russell said...

i have never heard an argument for this before. Usually people who park in handicapped spaces when they're not handicapped make me want to kill, but you have put forth a very convincing argument as to why I may be wrong.
Well, not wrong, because I never am. But something similar.

Star Kicker said...

To be clear, I am not advocating parking in handicapped spots. I am advancing the notion that there should 1) be fewer handicapped spots period; and 2) when people who are handicapped take up the non-handicapped space when the handicapped space is available, they shoud be ticketed.

As for the moms-to-be ... um, I think walking enhances your childbearing skills. And I could see a lot of fat people trying to get away with that one on the off-chance someone thinks they might be with child. I mean, who's going to stop them and ask? :)

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

What's your stance on those "My purse is heavy/my feet hurt/spoiled whiny bitch/ticket me see if I care" spaces. The ones marked with a red curb?

Those might just be an LA thing.

Star Kicker said...

Nah. I see those everywhere I go. As well as the people who park in them. :)

steetoa said...

Um, nurses aren't lackeys for picking up prescriptions, I'm afraid. That's what friends and family are for.

I like the spots for moms-to-be. They deserve the spots more than some people with disabilities warranting a handicap sticker.