Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hair

Since beginning to study for the bar, I have literally been able to see and hear the gray hairs sprout on my head. Yes, despite my regular intake of fish oil and vitamin B complex, the silvers are sliding in.

What's interesting is how during this whole study process my hearing has become so acute that I can actually hear the particular noise they make. It's a flat "plink" like the D flat at the furthest right of the keyboard which is followed by a cacophany of sopranic sharps that would put Stravinsky to shame. And all on my head while I sit peacefully drowned in minutiae and wondering if my regurgitation skills will hold up.

*Plink!*

Another one.

2 comments:

steetoa said...

Girl, that sucks. Will you go gray naturally or dye? If you were a brunette I think it'd be more obvious.

I'm waiting for the grays to hit at some point. Although, my dad is 64 and has no gray hair... I wonder if hair color might be linked through the father...

Star Kicker said...

Everyone goes gray early in my family. I have long ago accepted that I will be going down to hell, dye bottle in hand.

Lately I've gone with blond streaks, which helps somewhat. I miss being brunette though, and my hair has gotten much finer and thinner.

I hate getting old.